Re: I need help installing cyanogen mod on my Nexus 7 2013

You actually shouldn't use the cm installer if you want the most out of your rom. The cm installer installs a custom snapshot build that I don't believe is one of the milestone series, definitely not a nightly. Once you are rooted, you can get rom toolbox and use rom installer to install cyanogen mod that way. You will need to have the rom, and the gaps file. The gaps file can easily be downloaded from rom installer's database, and I recommend downloading cm on your computer as the built-in downloader on rom installer really can't do well with large files. And also, whether you use the installer or not, you would have had to have sighted help anyway because the accessibility shortcut does not work at all in the setup screen. I, however, managed to work around that, by backing up a copy of the settings.db in the /data/data/com.android/providers.settings/databases directory, and after I flashed cyanogen mod, I copied that over to my device via droid explorer and accessibility worked perfectly from then on. I've had trouble updating cyanogen mod installer builds anyway. The first time I tried installing cm, it was through the installer. Immediately after I installed it, I went into check for updates. It said my system was up to date, but apparently it didn't completely override the google ota update service, because it said that android 4.4.3 "stock rom" was available for download. Then, finally, a cm update appeared. The update wouldn't even download until days later, and when I went to install the update, it booted into recovery, then right back into the version I was using before. Apparently, recovery had displayed some error message. And most importantly, the installer build was pretty unstable on my device. Even with pico and e-speak, two of the fastest speech synths in the world, it was a bit slower than my stock rom. However, when I installed a nightly myself through recovery, it was a whole lot better. This i s why I don't suggest anyone to use the installer, especially when there are people, like me, Bill and Liverobo to help. Because, you won't be really happy with the installer builds. As for drivers, well, it might be incompatible with xp.