Re: what do I need to learn to be independent?

@35, no no. Not like that. My room is in a totally different part of the building to the washing machine, so I need to actually set a timer for however long it'll probably take to finish.
Cleaning is something I know next to nothing about, I'm probably going to look into some kind of rehab course, training centre or something. I'm not 100% sure on what is and isn't actually available in the UK, but I'm kind of at the point where I'm just realizing how much I wasn't actually taught at school. Right now I'm on the waiting list for council housing in my area, so I could have my own place within a year or 2 if I'm lucky, and I have 1 hell of a lot to learn. I'm also looking into getting a guidedog, which will be a hole other thing.
Self care, I feel like I mostly have under control now. I can take care of my hair, side note, having long hair really sucks sometimes, I can wash just fine, I've never done my own nails before but I really don't think I'll have issues with those, besides I usually do little more than file them so they're not too all over the place and have them cut if they get out of hand. Shaving, I hate it, but it is something I do, and something I'll have to do until I can have lazer hair removal, and even that may not stop it perminently. That is seriously easy if you have an electric razer though, just move it around your face. Literally, there aren't even any sharp blades involved.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ghost via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mechaSkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector