Re: I am affronted by the presence of god

GCW, my reply to your post.
1. All of us have been created by Allah, the wise, the kind, the generous, the noble, and that is for one purpose. To worship Allah, may he be glorified and exaulted, in the best way ever. As Allah says in the qur'an: "And I have not created the jinn and the mankind accept they should worship me alone." Surah ad-dariat. Just look at how noble this is! You get to prostrate to him, ask him for your hearts lawful desire, beg of him, magnify him, what else could you want? And guess what, you don't need Jesus to intervene on your behalf, because in Islam Allah has given you the ability to talk to him alone, in any language you wish. You want to be a medical Doctor? You can say, "Oh Allah, make me a medical Doctor, please I beg of you!" You want to be guided to truth, just ask him! As Allah says in thequr'an: "186. And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad ) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations
of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
Just look at the meaning of this! In this beautiful verse, Allah says that he is near - the arabic word is kareeb and it's only used in the context of supplication just to show how near Allah is to his servants in his knowledge!  Usually, when Allah wants the prophet to say something, he would usually use the word in the beginning "kul - say."  "94. Say to (them): "If the home of the Hereafter with Allah is indeed for you specially and not for others, of mankind, then long for death if you are
truthful." However, in the first verse of the qur'an I quoted, the fact is Allah is so near to his creation it doesn't even require the format "say." Whenever you read the qur'an, you always take it as though Allah is addressing you. He is telling you simply ask me and I am there for you! One of his atributes is ar-raoof which means the kind.
Second, perhaps this old Lady is being tested with this disease. As part of Allah's kindness, he tests people with hardship in order for them to draw closer to him! We have to remember tribulations are like a bitter medicine, though we may not like them, they still better us, just like a bitter medicine does even though you don't like its taste. You have to realize Allah in his perfection is still taking care of this Lady. And you know what Allah says about the patient people? Read the translation and ponder. "153. O you who believe! Seek help in patience and As-Salat (the prayer). Truly! Allah is with As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.).

154. And say not of those who are killed in the Way of Allah, "They are dead." Nay, they are living, but you perceive (it) not.

155. And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient
ones, etc.).

156. Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return."

157. They are those on whom are the Salawat (i.e. blessings, etc.) (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who)
receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided-ones." So be of good cheer! All this Lady has to do is to say "La illaha illalah" before the angel of death comes and she will be on a good track to earn Allah's mercy, when the angels come down with bright faces and take her soul ever so gently out of her body to the one who shows the most mercy even more than a Mother child. Allah is more kind with us than we can imagine. I suggest you listen to the Qur'an, you can also read the translated meanings. i will give you a few short recitations, listen and let your heart be calmed, show these to this old Lady that she may be guided aright.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZdqFdRn7KU&t=133s

This is surah saba, type in surah saba english translation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SmGTrTFbzE

This surah maryam - it's an especially read for Christians as well. This is chapter 19.
The third is surah rahman, chapter 55: This may be especially relevant to you and this old Lady who is quite ill may Allah cure her, grant her a long life full of goodness and guide her to the true way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLwbtREU2UY

My honest  request for you is to read the whole qur'an, because the islamic conception of God is much more clear, much more valisd and rational than Christianity.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector