Re: I am affronted by the presence of god

1. I don't have a problem with you debating me. Your statement that there isn't impirical evidence, I have no issue with that. I have debated with people who don't believe in a God and even with Christians! I have even debated with an agnostic as well without any problem. The problem arises when you say my religion encourages violence and that my God is ignorant etc. You don't just throw out stuff like that. So by all means, you are welcome to debate with me as much as you wish, please do feel free to do so. But all of us in this thread have to be careful of what we say  in order to hurt each others feelings. My intention was not to offend GCW, her Grandmother or anyone else. As one of the posters said on this topic we need to be understanding of each others views. Your saying "Your all knowing God has to be quite ignorant right?"  How about I flipped it round and I said "Oh maybe your family must be ignorant right? Or maybe they thought well of you but they were wrong," you would be extremely offended, and rightfully so. We need a mediator to resolve this topic. Again I am not a fanatic. Read history, many of the inventions we have today is because of the islamic civilization. For example, heavy artillery was invented by the Ottoman empire to try and capture the city we now know as Istanbul from the Bizantine empire. Also, the Sultan who did this, Muhammad Al-Faatih may Allah have mercy on him, was the first one to transition to firearms - other armies mainly relied on bows and arrows at that time. The neeling position used in modern battles was also invented by the Ottoman empire. And there are many inventions we had, if you only do some research, and this in no way undermines the contribution of other civilizations such as the Greeks.
Also, I do feel for GCW and hope and prey his/her Grandmother will recover.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector