Re: I am affronted by the presence of god

Of course you know your family better than I.  But people can get offended if you insult their family. The issue was not whether you believe whether God exists or not, it was the comment about him being "ignorant." Look, let's just resolve this amicably because there's no point in fighting. Innovation is innovation, true. The point is I really shouldn't be called a fanatic for simply expressing my views. I said I would withdraw because I don't want this to develop into a big fight or a flame war. Also to Answer GCW's question about why do we have to feel pain to go to heaven, it's more about the fact you have to earn it. Tribulations teach a person, strengthen them and draw sincere believing souls closer to Allah and remove their sins. We have to realize that Allah has a wisdom we don't know of. Now GCW has the choice to disagree or agree with that. Anyway let's not fight over this because it's really not worth it to do so.