Re: sci-fi muds, wayfar1444.

They were, to some degree or other. I'll never say that they weren't. Lunding was being Lundin, caccio was being the great viking Jarl and narrating everything he ever did, then complaining about everything. Then to further it, he was audacious enough to try to fight an admin.

So yeah, there were definitely reasons for Lundin and Ishtaar / Caccio to be on Hawg's shit list. I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is the way it was carried out - without any warnings, without use of established procedure, etc. was wrong.

He even told me earlier that day that if I wanted to write good code, I had to do do the design phase. Then he said he took two years to design the game in his notebook. Well, rules are a part of that design. As much as any other thing. And I don't think any admin can be faulted for not thinking of every single way you can fall afoul of decency. So amending the rules is not a problem. But this whole thing of saying the rules should be clear, when they're not even a little bit, is just wrong.

Yeah, the soundpack is gone. I deleted every last trace of it. The repo is gone, the keybass archive is gone, and it's gone from my system entirely.

It sucks, because it's a game I very much enjoyed, and even now, I want to go back on, but I won't.