Re: sci-fi muds, wayfar1444.

I won't be leaving, as I enjoy the game  and if the admin's inconsistencies lead to problems that's up to him, but I didn't much like what I saw there either.
Insisting he'd let players handle it multiple times, then banning the person in question though they apparently did nothing new to deserve that, stating that racial slurs wouldn't be moderated and then using a player saying a racial slur in response as the last straw to ban them, continually asking players for feedback but then saying he was disappointed they gave it on the very same channel he asked for it on, banning yet more players after the argument was over...  He was just all over the place.
Frankly, I think he just lost his cool and had a bad day, or week, maybe felt like the player's weren't appreciating him for all his work or respecting his authority as the game's creator, but couldn't be honest about how he felt.  I get it, especially during lockdown, but it isn't impossible to just say sorry, unban the players or at least explain better why they got banned in a more permanent place, and do better next time.  We're all allowed to make mistakes, but doubling down will likely only cause more problems.

@hawgpadre
I assume that the "clear rules" you're talking about are the ones where you tell the person what they are doing wrong at the time it happens right?
Which makes it pretty dang confusing for those who aren't on when that happens.
Also, you say you've always made them clear, which may be very true, but many people are new to the game, so how would they know what you considered wrong in the past?
I appreciate you trying to keep the game feeling free and non bureaucratic, and thinking the best of people.  But when you stubbornly insist on no written rules ever, instead preferring to give people somewhat vague, often semi serious sounding warnings only when you see the problem happening, it's just going to cause players to feel like they have to walk on eggshells as they don't know for sure what's okay.  I don't see how that's any better than people feeling slightly less free because of some simple written rules...

I get that it's a hobby project, but players are the life blood, and I don't think it's fair to expect people to just ... know.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hawgpadre via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dgleks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dgleks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dgleks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dgleks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : DeathDragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector