Re: sci-fi muds, wayfar1444.

I won't be leaving, as I enjoy the game  and if the admin's inconsistencies lead to problems that's up to him, but I didn't much like what I saw there either.

@hawgpadre
I assume that the "clear rules" you're talking about are the ones where you tell the person what they are doing wrong at the time it happens right?
Which makes it pretty damn confusing for those who aren't on when that happens...
Also, you say you've always made them clear, but many people are new to the game, so how would they know what you considered wrong in the past?
I appreciate you trying to keep the game feeling free and non bureaucratic, and thinking the best of people.  But when you stubbornly insist on no written rules ever, instead preferring to give people somewhat vague, often semi serious sounding warnings only when you see the problem happening, it's just going to cause players to feel like they have to walk on eggshells as they don't know for sure what's okay.  I don't see how that's any better than people feeling less free because of some simple written rules...

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hawgpadre via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hawgpadre via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hawgpadre via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dgleks via Audiogames-reflector