Re: sci-fi muds, wayfar1444.

I mean, I feel like that could be taken to extremes. I've done and said stupid shit in the past. I've been banned here twice, in fact. Does that mean the mods should be like, "Well you don't know what's going on with him, maybe he's having a bad day."

Also, I find it somewhat ironic that people are defending this, when all hell would break loose if something like this happened in an online audio game, and you know it would. Look, if you want to have rules, have rules. If not, don't. But that has to be a design choice, and if you make changes to it, it's reasonable to notify the players, and note these rules down for newbies. Just because the admin chooses not to read rules on other MUDs doesn't mean he should ignore having rules on his own.

I was very excited for this to come back online, but I won't be blinded by that excitement when sketchy admin shit is going down. If you guys want to keep on playing, all well and good, but I choose not to place myself in an environment where there's flagrant admin abuse.

Another thing, since when does bad behavior excuse other bad behavior? If we all followed that logic, we'd be circling the drain. Hell, we pretty much are circling the drain as a species as it is already because of this. I could never imagine banning someone because they spoke of politics, even expressed views I vehemently disagreed with. Maybe I'd make a politics channel and enforce a no political discussion over chat policy, but I'd never just ban someone because they expressed views I didn't like.

Maybe I'm the only one who cares about this. Well, so be it, then I'm the only one. And I don't think every admin is perfect or infallible, but the sheer fucking airheadedness of the last 5 minutes of chatnet before Hawg took it to pages with me and then before I left the game was almost unbelievable. I don't even have a word in my vocabulary to express it.

If you're willing to turn a blind eye to that and play under those conditions, or you just don't care, well, here's hoping your not next on the chopping block. That's all I've got to say.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mektastic via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lml5280 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : caio via Audiogames-reflector