Re: Golden Crayon Asset Replacement Project

No, I'm not willing to work on this.

Not only does he have hundreds of vaguely named and not well organized sounds which need replacing, but based on his past coding, I don't even necessarily believe that the game will be particularly stable or stay up for long.
If this was a well known, existing game things would be different, but at this point it's basically a gamble, and when it comes to that much of my time, I'm not willing to make bets, especially now that I have school.

Really though, the fact that he didn't bother using all the resources I and others put together for just this purpose to find sounds before public launch, despite knowing the communities views on sound reuse, or at least bring someone else on bored to do it for him, all just to push up the release schedule, that's really not making me feel very charitable.

If he can't be more mature or less lazy about it, I'm not going to waste my effort.  I wish anyone who does decide to help the best of luck though, and I hope the game does well, or at least that he learns a valuable lesson from this and improves in future.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector