Re: Golden Crayon Asset Replacement Project

Here's a crucial reason why people aren't so sure about this, DanGero. If you'll likely recall, Omar gave his account on how flaky Tunme was with collaboration in Dangerous Drive. He mentioned how Tunme would yoink Omar's code and replace it with something of his own doing. Never mind the fact Omar's code worked, presented a nice set of features, and the features themselves Tunme did enjoy. Yet he managed to screw up the game and only just make it playable by time of release. He turned what would've been quality into a manufactured halfassery. Then he has the balls to backstab Phantom Creations a second time by blatantly stealing assets and only offering to replace the sounds while under duress? Even then, not following through with immediately removing the sounds until he knew he was done in by a report to his hosting company.
So here's what could possibly happen. Tunme has not fully handed over the keys to leverage the sounds folder. Yes, DanGero has the sounds otherwise how else would he be able to convert them, but he still holds access to the encryption key and code used for packaging them. Now that his trust is near fully eroded, who's to say he isn't above a bate-and-switch re-release of the game without any of our assets? What if, while sound designers are busy busting their asses on sounds, he's torrenting more libraries behind our back and is just going to release the game with even more stolen assets?
This is precisely why Lauren made that warning post. It isn't so much of a revenge tactic as it is warning people that they're just as likely to get backstabbed if they help him any further. Because right now, he hasn't done anything to prove that he'd take the redesign for what it is and truly credit its creators, or even re-release it with those assets in the first place. A backstabbing of that nature, when we're talking the replacingof a thousand some sounds, could be a major demotivator, and as a sound designer I would say I would stand to lose quite a lot if I were to join this gratis sound replacement effort. Even if not financially, I'd certainly risk wasting a metric crap-ton of time.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dan_Gero via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector