Re: jim kitchen headed for a great big lawsute?

I think there are two things to consider:
1. As far as I know, Jim Kitchen's not claiming anywhere that everything is his. He borrows all kinds of stuff, as far as music, sounds and such go.
2. Since he's not charging for his products to the best of my knowledge, he can't be sued for anything. That would be like you deciding to screw with the Super Mario theme for your phone using a music editing program, then using it as some sort of rringtone. As long as you don't then turn around and try to sell it or claim it's yours in any legal documentation, the law leaves you alone.

Names of products can be licensed. Some music and other sounds can as well. Most can't though, and while it's sort of a gray area, I doubt Jim will be in any trouble.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cx2 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector