Re: jim kitchen headed for a great big lawsute?

I'm afraid I agree with Arqmeister on this.  the law be  buggered!  why should these idiots like Lukasarts who don't give a  rats arse about vi people accessing their stuff prevent someone from making their  own as well. that's like saying  "oh sorry you can't put  braille or audio  label on your tin of    hines beans without paying a big fee to hines"

To be honest,  copywrite has become so distorted from the psirit of the laws original intention, that I see no reason to  respect it these days  at all, as it's just  another controlling tool of the fat cat companies and has very little to do with getting  creative people what they deserve for their own creations (especially sinse usually it's not the authors/film makers who actually bennifit anyway).

While I understand getting sued is a problem, and I can  appreciate that in legal battles it can come down to who can throw most money at    into the ring which is just not a contest most people will win, at the same time  if it hasn't happened it hasn't happened and having it prevent us having starwars, star trek, simpsons etc games seems drastically unfare, particularly sinse as tom Said  it would be likely that  if any of the fat cats did! take an audiogames developer to court over the perhaps  2000 usd prophet they got for their games the company would look ridiculous.

Phil after all has used loads of copywrited sounds and materialin his Sarah game and has come up with something awsome.

Btw, I confess I'm quite tired  so concievably my opinions are slightly harsher than they would be, but still I don't see why s we should respect these  grasping  executive morons who wouldn't know a  truly creative thought if it bit them on the bumb!

As Marx said, you can't get morality&nb sp; from creation of prophet.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cx2 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cx2 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kyle12 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector