CoreMUD

Hi Folks,

I know a number of you play CoreMUD over at https://coremud.org (telnet to coremud.org port 4000). I am one of the admins over on Core, I go by Steve.

I know the game isn't the most screen reader friendly but I would like to work on that.  To that end I saw one of the complaints here was that the skills command isn't friendly at all to screen readers. I have added a new command that will flip on screen reader friendly output for that command and am looking at others like score.

You can type 'setenv unsighted on' and this will output a list instead of a table. I will use this variable for other commands as we adapt. We also have an 'info' command which can be used to grab arbitrary values.

If there are other changes that will make the game friendlier please let me know. I know we have a bunch of ascii art in game, that will be hard to remove, but I am open to combat spam supression and other options to make your lives easier.

Steve

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : CoremudSteve via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector