Re: Gwconnect's Dead. Thanks a ton, Window Eyes.

I think that the Problem here is a bit different than some People might think.
I will say right now that I personally don't know if GW Connect or Skype had the better Interface (for blind users).
But as far as I got this, there was some Kind of Skype developer program which allowed GW Micro to develop GW Connect with some Kind of Skype Technology published for developers.
I don't know who used it, but I don't think that it was only one accessibility Company who used this Skype API.
Then I would want to ask why the said Technology was apparently dropped without reason.
I haven't seen or heard anything about a new developer package "just" replacing the dropped one...

And I'd like to say something about accessibility and web Services as well.
The fact is that lots of sighted People use smartphones or tablet PCs.
Many of them of course can Access the Internet.
However, many of them have their own Facebook Apps or apps for other Services.
But I am currently not sure how many Facebook Clients exist (for sighted People) on Mac or Windows.
But since most Messenger programs and probably Facebook Clients are free to use (non Commercial).
But then we have GW Social Eyes and the other Facebook component mentioned in this Topic.
Both are not free to use and that might be unfair because mobile devices might include alternate Clients for free or might be very cheap to buy.
If GW Social Eyes would cost a one time fee, People might be not so loud in voicing their dislike for GW Micro.
I mean, most programs including most Screen Readers Need only one payment of a fixed amound of Money and theoreticaly that's the end.
No Screen Reader works only for a year for you to pay again in the next year.
I know that some Screen Readers have payment plans or such things, but These are for People who can't pay the entire sum at once.
But if you were able to do so, this would be it for you.
If a new Version came out, then it would be a different matter, but that's the same for Mainstream Software as well.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Arabic two thousand via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Arabic two thousand via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stefan_ilioaica via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Lord_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector