Re: Sighted to blind game conversion pun

Hi
Garret if you had actually told me this a week ago, I would have agreed with you.
However  during my conversations with jerek, the guy that developed heart of winter, and during a testers meeting it was clear that he planned to do just that sertainly with minecraft.
The game concept is a world generator of a sort with a story engine behind it.
The idea is barely at the design stages and there is a long way to go before anything happens but the idea is to develop mindcraft.
Aparently jerek and his co dev phill think it is possible.
They are not sure, 3d environments space dimention and other effects were discussed.
So its not impossible, because people are talking about it.
As for your school friend saying he is going to be able to make it, its probably a joke.
jerek is a phd student and his co dev is a professor of some kind and they are only just grasping bits right now.
If your school friend can do this though he will hav e a prime spot for now.
However cash and sounds, copywrite, etc will be the big thing.
jerek and phill have funding issues to, this does not come cheap.
It will take more than just building some crappy piece of junk, calling it a game with cracked sounds in it though.
I am not sure how it will be done but in jerek's case it is a full sound conversion proposed.
If he your friend Harrison thinks he can do, then get in the forum and put it up there.
if he can do better, then maybe he should join the test team I am in