Re: Farewell Nocturnus

@daigonite,
I appreciate the simple and yet sincere nature of your message.  for what it's worth, my name is Andrew, age 26.  Life has been a series of obstacles, from family hardships to unbelief from teachers and the let down of school board administrators, to the harsh realities I am having to confront now.  I've done my best not to complain, tried to not lock myself into what people might vew as a pitty party routine, which is why I won't go into further detail when it comes to my problems in a public setting.  People never asked, however, which is why most of my life has remained a mystery.  IN truth, I am no mysterious entity hiding secrets like the various security and intelligence agencies that exist around the world; my life is an open book and one need only peruse the pages.  Throughout my life, perhaps my most sincere desire has been to help out any community I have been a part of wherever I can, from the streets of the cities I live around, to this website you now post on with its diverse members located in various parts of the world.  Working with the other moderators was an experience I'll not soon forget, and opportunity I willingly accepted and a responsibility I took upon because of that same desire.  When I am not helping other people, I am a writer, a thinker, a researcher of sorts in any field that interests me, a music lover with no personal preference, preferring to give every song and every band or artist at least one try, and if I'm hungry and I'm at your house, I'll empty your fridge, though you'd never be able to tell by simply looking at me.  Besides these I love thrills and chills, rollercosters and all manner of amusement park rides, have always fantasized and told every single one of my friends about being sighted and owning and racing through the streets on a motorcycle even  though the closest I've ever been to that was riding m y bike, and I'm sure that if I knew someone with experience, I'd probably skydive too.  I appreciate technology, but I love the outdoors.  I can sit and read for hours or walk and experience nature for hours to the best of my abilities given the scope of my limitations.  Sitting still for longer than a minute at a time is not an option unless I am reflecting on something I find to be profound.  I don't watch TV anymore because the market is so saturated with materialism and neuroses and psychoses; it's all stuff I honestly don't need.  The world is a negative enough place without the message being pumped at me out of a box I can just as easily avoid.  That having been said, I don't mind sitting down to a movie or even classic shows with friends from time to time.  I have a short attention span and... Oh look, it's partly cloudy outside; wonder if it'll rain today as it has been for the past few weeks.  I need to get some food in my system.  Pizza, anyone?  :d

@Sebby,
Thank you for the kind words.  At the risk of being seen as nosy which is not my intention, what has caused your hearing deterioration, and is it enough to where you've considered doing something about it?  I found myself surprised to find that there were more people than I once thought there might have been who face similar situations to my own.  While it does not provide me true comfort, as it were, I do at least know that they seem to be coping with life, which gives me no excuse to stop coping with my own.  I've improvised up until this point; even my audiologist congratulates me for it.  I'll continue to do so if necessary.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : daigonite via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : bigdog via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : aaron via Audiogames-reflector