Re: Monthly chat October

@Lauren, it's great to see you're still around. I've not been on Swamp much myself lately but your absence is noted. I was at RNIB New College Worcester for a couple of years back in the early 90s. I went on to mainstream school, which worked better for me, but I seem to remember having fun and making good friends in Worcester.

@Tward, commiserations on your divorce. Mine only came through a month or so ago. I was lucky because there was no property to sort out and no children to worry about but even that took like 6 months. Just hang in there is all I can say.

Last weekend I went to visit family in Hastings. I bought a replica flintlock pistol which is really fun for sound effects and prancing around my house alone pretending to be a highway man. Yep, I have a full and hectic schedule!

I'm also trying to find a new job. My current one runs out in December and I'm not sure what I want to do next as a career.

I really enjoy the Big F inish Dr Who stories. The sound quality is excellent and they can do so much more inventive stuff with the aliens when all it takes is a splodgy sound effect or two. I also like how they're being innovative with sound as well and aren't afraid to let the sound effects tell the stories. Some of my favourite episodes are Winter of the Adept and Land of the Dead, both with the 5th doctor and Nisa; one with the 7th doctor and Ace where they defeat creatures called 'The Scourge' during a cross stitch conference in a hotel; and a wonderful episode called the Apocalypse Element which has a proper battle between Timelords and Daleks.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bcs993 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lauren . downie96 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lauren . downie96 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lauren . downie96 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lauren . downie96 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lauren . downie96 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Locutus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lauren . downie96 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Locutus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bryant via Audiogames-reflector