Re: Monthly chat October

@Bcs, one thing I've found myself is I really! enjoy learning music. I find it slightly difficult to motivate myself to practice if I'm just doing vocal exercises, voice maintenance and practicing what I've already learnt, but if I have something new to learn I think "[[wow]]! something new to memorize" I actually enjoy the process of memorizing and learning stuff, or at least I do msot of the time which is why i wanted to study voice.

Regarding Halloween, it's about the same here, ie, there are a couple of themed parties and things on tv (if you still own a tv which I don't, though i do have lots of dvds), but it's not really something major the way I believe it is in the states. Occasionally you get kids wandering around for trick or treat, but I'm afraid certainly in cities like Nottingham where my parents are, this is mostly just extortion for sweets and usually the "trick" tends to be some miner act of vandalism li ke having eggs or silly string chucked at your house. Then again Nottingham is a crime ridden hole, and I've not heard of that sort of thing happening up here.

I  did go trick or treating once with my cousin's family, however this was rather different and certainly didn't involve going door to door, it was just riding around in costume with my Aunt and uncle visiting people they knew, and the "trick" (which we had to use once), was someone being squirted with a water pistol (and not one of the violent ones), that was rather fun.

@Cx2, I believe the thinking behind the vat exemption is that an Ipad as a device for writing, sending e-mails etc, and a phone is recreational, though given you can do many of the same things on an Iphone and also that if your visually impared that's all the more reason to have a phone with you the thinking is a little whacky.

This morning I am meeting a friend of mine for coffee. She's just had a baby and sort of wants to reconnect with the world generally, and sinse up until just over a month ago we met every week for a tabletop rp game it'll be nice to see her again.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lauren . downie96 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bcs993 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lauren . downie96 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lauren . downie96 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector