Re: Farewell Nocturnus

Nocturnus,
I completely understand your reasoning for leaving the mod community here, though I am sorry to see you go. I hope all is well with you. Hearing your story makes me feel a bit selfish. I'm 21, and am worried about the simple high frequency hearing loss that happens as one gets older, since studies show that after the age of 17 or 18, most adults lose the ability to hear the highest of frequencies in the normal human hearing range. So I've been checking myself every few months to see where I'm at, and so far I seem to be pretty good, though I know some people who are audiophiles like me who have already lost these high frequencies. They don't interfere with normal life but it can be a little disconcerting to think about. However I've never had the misfortune that you have, of having my hearing compromised to the point of not being able to hear things like speech, or sounds of nature, or any other normal sounds we hear. That would be truly aw ful, as I rely on my hearing not just for normal life, but as someone who wants to get into audio engineering, I have trained my hearing to pick up on details which I feel normally go unnoticed. This passion keeps me going when nothing else does.
Sometimes I do get to hear the ultrasonic squealing of a car break, that only a few people around me can hear, or the awful clashing of two notes which are just a little bit out of tune but not enough to affect a casual listener. so I guess in that respect, having a hearing loss can be a good thing; you miss out on hearing sounds you really wish you couldn't hear. Just like having no vision means that you are kept from seeing more disturbing sights. But I believe that on the whole, a vision or hearing loss is still a great loss, even if it does have its benefits at times. I hope everything works out well for you. Like many others, reading your posts was always an enjoyable experience for me, and although I didn't read a lot o f topics with your posts in them, when your posts did come up, I always felt it was a thoughtful and professionally written response. I appreciate your desire to remain objective in what you say and keeping your cool in a hot situation, though mods are supposed to cool such things down anyway, so I guess you were just doing your job! Lol I think I know better by now...

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Dark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : bigdog via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — AG-News room : brad via Audiogames-reflector