Re: just got a Iphone6 plus, cases and questions

As someone with a 5S I can tell you the touch ID is very useful for quickly unlocking your phone, if you need to make a quick call or send a quick message or anything like that when you're out and about you don't need to fumble about entering your lock code, so long as you're not wearing gloves at least. Each new iteration does usually improve the processor slightly but if you're happy with your current phone I wouldn't worry too much about that detail, however the available memory sizes have changed now, they leap from the basic 16gb right up to 64gb for the same cost as the old 32gb size.

Here in the UK apple pay likely won't matter in the least since it's essentially contactless payment built into a phone, my understanding is those poor Americans don't even have chip and pin much less contactless so that's why Apple Pay has been such a big deal over there. If Apple were to open up the NFC to select third parties then perhaps it might be more useful, for example using your phone as your travel pass and so on, but it is what it is right now.

I also don't recall whether the 5 supported 4G data which is something worth considering if unlike me you spend any amount of time in areas with 4G coverage. I'm also led to believe the increased screen size of the 6+ has allowed them to fit in a significantly larger battery in relation to its power requirements, meaning that the 6+ tends to last somewhat longer between charges.

Oh and I have to mention bendGate here. I have a friend whose brother works in handling the returned iPhones on contract to Apple, apparently the faulty phones can mostly be found as part of specific bad batches that come from specific factories where they've been skimping on the quality control in order to try and eek out more money from their manufacturing contract with Apple. I'm betting they've been stomped on pretty hard by now so I'd be surprised i f anyone getting a new 6 or 6+ will have issues.