2. The TTS itself, according to rumours, currently reads only party chat.  Whilst this has not been confirmed, it basically means that you go in and even if the features are available, it will not do what you're wishing it did.

3.  Microsoft should be encouraged to work on similar features, as their console is lagging in this particular area at the moment.  Whilst encouraging Sony is a great idea, I believe that Microsoft should also be given a fair chance.  I'm not saying spam the heck out of Microsoft's access email address (that would be the worst possible scenario IMHO), just encourage the growth of accessibility features.

If you do want to contact Microsoft about this, I'd recommend you use:
xaccess at microsoft.com

I discovered this address whilst looking through their support pages on accessibility for the Xbox One.

I do hope that Sony actually do well at this, very much so.  However, I am, being an Xbox player, of the opinion that Microsoft will make a vast improvement over whatever Sony does given what they can already do with things like Windows 8.1 narrator.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JCion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bradp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death_rattlehead via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector