Re: Getting Into Game Of Thrones

@Guitarman, you might need audio description for the series if it's available, sinse there is a lot of visual stuff and stuff to follow. As I remember the series begins with some watchers  near the wall running into some white walkers and not doing well, then cuts to Theon Grayjoy spending some time with a prostitute, but as I said, go for the books first before you worry about the series, ---- oh, and btw,  just as a major point of clarrification, Edard stark was beheading a deserter from the wall,not being beheaded,  sinse he's in the rest of the book you might be a bit confused if you thought he was running around without a noggin :.

Then again Martin's writing is just great, atmospheric and rich but also full of character, with a lot of amusing little allusions and asides, I laughed when he mentioned a Lord with two sons called Joshua and Elias, referencing the two princes from Tad Williams memory sorrow and thorn, I even think he mentions a lord who's simble is a black adder big_smile.

@Cj, My brother and I don't agree that season four deviated from the books much, it just took a slightly shorter distance to get certain characters and events into the same places and in one case (Bran's adventures with the less than nice watchmen at Grasta's keep), stuck in a few extra events that don't really bare on most of the plot. If i have my reading of events correct, the series at the moment for some characters has run as far as book 5, but for others (like Circi and Aria, not to mention the Iron men), is still stuck in book 3 (given that books 3 and 4 separate the action this is understandable), so I'd say there's still another two seasons worth of plot to do before the series runs out of what Martin has written in the books, and though after the fiasco with the publishing of Dance of drago ns MArtin hasn't given release dates hopefully winds of winter will show up before then, ---- although even if not, as an accomplished screen writer in his own right Martin has already given the producers a summary of where some of the major plot threads of the series go.

My brother has the game of thrones game, and I must confess I'm quite jealous, it sounds awsome, I wish there was a vo accessible version for Io, though I am also really amused how it works into the plot of the series surrounding the war in Clash of kings.

Btw, for Guitarman's sake and because Game of thrones is so awsome at sucker punch moments I'm trying specifically to write without giving spoilers here.