Re: Psycho Strike - New Strategy/Action game

I'm trying to figure out why it is people think that great music and sound effects make a great game. Yes it makes the experience more pleasant, but it doesnt' change the quality of the game. I'd rather have this amazing game with great gameplay, as opposed to a sub-par game with high quality music and sound effects. Stop spending so much money on stuff that at the end of the day is just decorative, and spend those resources hiring programmers and making your game the best it can be, gameplay wise, not Jukebox wise. If I recommend a game to a friend, I'm not gonna say, hey dude, I just played this horrible game, but look on the bright side, the music and sounds are incredible! buy it and take a listen, you'll be so impressed! If I wanted to do this, I'd just buy game soundtracks. Before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm not referring to this, or any other game, I'm just giving examples as to the sorta games I wouldn't want to play. give me an amazing gaming experience with Microsoft Sam as the default voice and nes music, and I'll be happy to pay for it. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying music and sounds don't make games amazing, AAA devs can afford to do both, and this is awesome, you get to have your cake and eat it too. but if you are a small indie dev, and you're going to spend a bunch of money on your game, prioritize the game play first, and only then worry about music and voice tallent, because once that game is over, most people will remember the hours they spent playing your masterpiece and how much fun they had with unlockables, multiplayer with friends and so on, they won't sit there humming the game tunes and drooling over awesome voice work.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vsmiro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : seal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : thetruegamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector