Re: Psycho Strike - New Strategy/Action game

Just to make a point on the Japanese vs. US thing. From what little i know about Japanese culture, they have very high educational and creativity standards. I often hear someone around here saying admiringly, "no matter how good you are at something, there's an 8-year-old Asian who can do it better." I don't like to fuel such stereotypes but I think the saying applies to some degree here. Our ideas are different from theirs. They expect more from things and their expectations are different. There are tons of exceptions to that though! And I'm Not saying other cultures shouldn't or couldn't be the same, but at present that's how I see it.
At least part of the reason this Japanese Vs. US discussione even came up was because of how much worse this game was than BK3 and other Japanese games. While I get the point and I can have some agreement with it, I'm not quite sure that's the right thing to do. People are going on about how m uch worse american-made audio games are than Japanese ones. Those who are bashing this game unconstructively and putting the BK series on a throne should try to make a game half as good as Psycho Strike. I challenge you. If you can't code so you can't make a game. Then stop accusing everyone else in the American audio game making community of wasting their resources on things that have little significance.
That would be the equivalent of me saying that I dislike all rap except one song, and so now I'm going to unload on everyone else how much I hate their rap music but will stick this one song up on a throne and praise it to high heaven. I'm not saying that everyone who is praising BK3 do this, only those that compare this game to it and find every reason in the world to complain about it. Sure there's going to be some bias toward BK. I'm not saying that BK's praise is unwarranted, I'm just disgusted with why I think it was brought up. So many people were complaining about the game which this topic was originally made to announce.
I don't want to be the guy who everyone hates, I really, really don't. I'm already distinct enough as it is without being harsh. I try to say things which are generally liked or at least appreciated, but the argument is so split here that now it's just a matter of either defending my position or not saying anything at all. I'll start doing the latter now. Until there's an official update, I am so, done, here.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : synchronfreak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : the terminator via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector