Re: Bathroom appliaces for blind/VI users

@Rok, braille numbers on classrooms would be awsome, I wish my university had similar sinse it's always a pest to be told to go to room 41 and know where the corridor is but not which of the rooms from 40-48 41 happens to be. Ironically the only braille labels in the university happen to be on the book shelves in the library, ---- that is right, the only braille labels are on the shelves of print! books! Craaaazy!

Talking microwaves do work well, actually today at a Vi exhibition I picked up the  cobalt catalogue and see they do a talking combination microwave, oven and grill which I will have a look at, sinse that definitely has possibilities.

As for your friend's project, I'd suggest for a bathroom thing and something easy to produce braille labled tubs to hold shampoo, bath oil  and shower geell. labelling the bottles isn't always practical, the bottles come in many different shapes and sizes and so pouring into a pre labled container would certainly help, especially if the lables were engraved or etched rather than just being stick on plastic braille ones that might end up falling off given that bathrooms are, ---- well you know, usually wet big_smile.