Re: Size of muds?

I tend to measure size in terms of areas - on Alter Aeon, those are between 50 and 100 room blocks most of the time, though there are a few miniature areas of only a couple dozen rooms, and some mega areas which span multiple blocks of a hundred rooms.  There's a lot of areas by this measure that 'don't count', such as linkage roads and paths, which are usually more empty than full areas.

Ignoring the hidden zones, AA has around 400 different areas you can go to.  About a quarter of these are on the new player islands:  there's 20 or so on sloe, around 35 on kordan, and 50 different zones on archais.  The remaining several hundred areas are on the mainland, north and south continent, outer planar realms, and elsewhere.  It's a huge amount of content.

I can understand the desire for 'random wilderness' to give a place to explore in, but with the way that AA is laid out we're pretty sure it just doesn& #039;t make sense at this time.  It may be possible to open up autogenerated terrain on another plane, but our worldmap is pretty dense right now and integrating that kind of thing with the current areas would suck a lot.

Stellar Aeon on the other hand is all autogenerated, but it's also not a mud - it doesn't really have any concept of rooms, just locations, so there's no way to draw parallels.

Alter Aeon MUD
http://www.alteraeon.com