Re: Announcing release of Yellowbonnet from Valiant Galaxy Associates

Well first off I confess I had a few shenanigans with the update.
I ran yellow bonnet to have windows open for both the "guide dog client launcher" and the client itself. I sat around and waited for the game to start or update, but nothing happened, then it occurred to me to run yellow bonnet again so I did that however a yellow bonnet launcher window came up and again I sat around for a minute or two waiting feeling a trifle confused.
I closed all the windows and was just about to come and report an error, but decided to try on the basis of "third time lucky" only for everything to launch fine and for yellow bonnet to tell me the update was successful.

Of course, I confess myself I was a bit of a chump for not activating the dolphin curser and checking those launcher windows, however perhaps for future reference a sound file or two could be added to the guide dog client to let you know when programs need updating, particularly sinse I suspect as now you can login to the client and leave it running and then turn your screen reader off for games, some people will likely do as I did and not read the launcher windows.

Either way it all worked out and I'm loving the new updates, the ambience, the sounds, the extra descriptions, very good stuff indeed! I particularly like the descriptive text. where in that game I decided to do a bit of good olrough housin' I will actually try to complete the jobs next time and see what I get.

My only miner comment is that you could consider adding a few more shortcut keys, eg, t for talk, I for inventory and f for fight, though look and search are the major things and having keys for them really speeds up the game, and while I definitely approve of a menu for options,fluid gameplay is good, still this is just a miner deal and I liked a lot of this.
I actually agree with Sean, this is a nice formula for game creation and you could definitely do more with it, indeed you've got the basic mechanics down for an rpg or a stratogy game here, as is already proved by traders of known space so I'll be interested to see what comes next.

Statistics for Playthrough of the Yellowbonnet Game, on Version 9
The game lasted 17 minutes and 33 seconds and ended on Thursday, July 2, 2015 at 9:0 AM - The player lost!

A man going by the handle of Bruce Mcgrusome came in off the dusty trails into Yellowbonnet a new hand.

Bruce Mcgrusome got himself killed fighting A burglar! Bruce Mcgrusome was laid to rest in our cemetery right and proper at this here town’s expense. He might for sure have been a tolerable good addition to our fine town, but we’ll never know now. Yet another soul is sacrificed in the taming of the good ol' grand frontier, folks.

Bruce Mcgrusome moved 26 times to finish 1 out of 6 jobs, defeated 1 hazards, found 9 items worth 220 points, spent 17 cash, and wound up with 15 cash.

Bruce Mcgrusome  dealt with happenings like, fighting a drunk cowboy and fighting A burglar.

Final score: 5735. Bruce Mcgrusome is, or that is, was, sure a dude!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : steffanne86 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector