Re: Distancing myself from the blind community

@CW

I agree with you, the decisions, the behavior and many many other things are indicated by the country where people live, and the culture they own. The more years I pass, the more disability I'm seeing on the young blind children. The point is, they are used to get things plain in front of them right "on the table". What I'm intending to say by "On the table", is that they are used, not necessarily by themselves, to have everything ready. This idea is even grown harder by their parents by isolating their children. Imagine getting everything ready for you. You want your clothes, they are served by your parents. You want a glass of cold water, that is served by your parents. You want to plug in your computer, that is again done by your parents.
What the heck is this blind folk supposed to do?
The situation gets even worse when  these blind kids do not try to change anything because they feel good with it. When I went to the publi c school, I remember some of students and teachers who intended to help me with everything and let me do nothing. But I was feeling very disabled in this situation and I told them I'm not a king or prince to have everything delivered by somebody else. Yes they wanted to even open my laptop's lit because they thought I couldn't do it myself. Primarily, This is not a bad thing because they just want to help you and I never took it for granted, but in this way you are making yourself much more disabled.

Then we come to the point you mentioned.
"Problems on acting with the people in daily life"
Basically It'll happen if parents of these blind kids  will not change their attitudes towards their children and the consequences will bring about later on their ongoing life. I think the situation has changed to what it has been ten years ago regarding disability of blind children. We were different. Not that I'm old though, I'm just 19. smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : danny via Audiogames-reflector