Re: Distancing myself from the blind community

That kind of behavior, unfortunately, isn't unique to the blind and visually impaired communities, it goes on in most, if not all, Internet communities.

Part of the problem is that most Internet communities, including this one, allow the use of handles and very little real world or real life information about its members. With such anonymity, nobody knows who they really are, so they act badly with the only possible reprisal being that they get banned from the community, and if they used a disposable email address, and most of them do, they'll be back to cause more trouble.

That's why I use my real name as my handle, and my non-disposable email address on the Internet communities I join. I want to show that I am willing to be responsible for my actions, and that I don't intend to cause any trouble.

I'm not saying that everyone that uses a handle is out to cause trouble since most people use them. I'm just saying that if you couldn� 39;t be anonymous on forums like these, forum trolls (as they are commonly called) would not be so common.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : danny via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ghost rider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector