Re: Audio labelers

I do something like that now, I'd been using Red Laser on my iPhone for grocery items, because they usually will have their UPC codes on them, but I have since discovered Digit-Eyes, the big difference between the two is that the database Digit-Eyes uses has more detailed information like cooking instructions. Red Laser seems more interested in telling me where I can buy it for less where Digit-Eyes seems more interested in telling me everything there is to know about it. I use the UPC scan to identify items as I put them away, that way I'll know what's what by where it is.

I try not to use these labels on consumables, that would burn through labels pretty quickly.

I have thought about getting a dedicated UPC scanner, simply for higher performance, sometimes it can be a real test of your patience to get either iPhone app to see a UPC and scan it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector