Re: Audio labelers

If the housekeeping service sends the same people out to you every time, just tell them they aren't garbage and to just leave them there. However; if they've seen those dots all around your place, and they are of reasonable intelligence, they should realize you put them there intentionally and leave them alone.

I don't have any credit cards by choice, the credit card companies over here are vultures just looking for ways to catch you in the credit card trap, I won't give them the opening. Though I have thought about getting one with a very low spending limit that I could pay off each month to avoid the interest charges and to put a buffer between my money and the outside world. But as time keeps going by and I never have any problems with fraudulent charges, I decide that I don't really need it. And I do online shopping with my debit card and do online banking with my bank. I've come to the conclusion that if you use a little common sense along with some caution where appropriate, you can enjoy the conveniences modern technology has to offer with minimal risk. I'm not saying you don't use common sense, just that that is all it takes to remain safe in anh increasingly online world.

There was one period about a year long where I did have problems with fraudulent charges appearing in my account. It turned out the bank wasn't as secure as they thought they were because the problems occurred only while I was banking with that bank, there were no problems before or after that one bank. I didn't like that bank anyway and never applied for accounts with them in the first place. I ended up having accounts with them because they bought out a bank I was using. I was so annoyed when the announcement was released.

A thought I had about labeling prescription bottles. Don't put the label on the bottle, instead put the label on the cap. Then when you get refills in a new bottle, just put the labeled ca p on the new bottle. That is what I'll be doing, when needed. Right now all my prescriptions use pills that are different sizes and shapes, so I can identify them by their pills.

If you haven't figured this out already, the labels in each lettered pack are coded differently from those in other labeled pack. Once you buy and start using a particular letter, you aren't supposed to buy another pack of the same letter as the Pen Friend will see them as the same as the original pack. So as needed, they can just keep releasing new packs continuing up the alphabet as they do.

For the different sized labels, the way around that is to use the largest label that can be conveniently used. Such as, the large squares would work fine in DVD and CD cases, there's plenty of room to accomodate them. The small circles are small enough to go on something small like the cap of a pill bottle.

Between the Colorino color identifier and being able to feel the dif ferences in my articles of clothing, I haven't needed to use any special labels for my clothes, so I'll pass on the laundry labels.

And I will get a set of magnetic labels, I can stick them on the refridgerator and use them to make notes to myself.

You were lucky in that you found the Pen Friend first. I unfortunately didn't find it until I'd tried two other labeling systems first. Oh well, live and learn.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector