Re: Mac questions

Exactly, so for example Steam and Unity are both ported to Mac, but if the game dev didn't write a native game on OS X where there exists a native game on Windows, then Windows it is. However, I think it's fair to say that many gamers are being sorely disappointed by current Windows releases for which games are being natively targeted (for release on Steam or Xbox, EG), just as you are, and that there's a real desire to get off it (usually to SteamOS/Linux). This is all somewhat ironic given that early games had a similar transition from DOS to Windows, during which time much of the code in games was simply to support portability; thus many classics such as Doom or Quake were then or later written or easily adapted for Linux. Oh, how times change!

I worked so hard to get things off my plate for this holiday that I now, somewhat ironically, find myself bored and looking for things to do. No worries, I've found some, for when I'm back from the outdoors . I hope to get some 3G Internet so I can at least check mail and things, and surf my favourite sites including this place. Fun times. smile