Re: Tips and Tricks for KoDP

Yep, Cody clan creation is very important, providing you with both bonuses and some principles you need to adhere to if you don't want your ancestors cross with you. See This page on the Kodp wiki for details.

Btw, one whacky thing is, that page mentions an ancestral enemy that I've never seen, a salty lord of the sea. I don't know if this was missing in the Ios version?
I have seen the flood event, though thankfully it's rare, and if it occurred regularly it would be a right royal pest.

I personally find the trolls a pain sinse trolls will attack you very, very frequently, you can survive them if your prepared well enough but they just keep coming back, plus there are many trolls on the map and extra encounters with them during events. The beastmen don't attack as often as the trolls, but are much tougher, and remember if you get the beastmen or trolls too mad at you th ey will literally wipe you out, game over!

The elves basically just cause a really bad event that loses you some crops and cattle and maybe some of your people, but doesn't harm you directly, although there is one event where you do get the chance to exist peacefully with the elves which obviously if they're your enemy you need to turn down.
The Praxians are odd sinse you can literally play an entire game and not see them unless you specifically go to prax, and they seem pretty wimpy as far as combat goes, however you don't really get any bennifits from them either, they're sort of the least threatening choice.

I personally like to have the ice demons as my enemies, sinse while the event they cause is a nasty one, albeit imho not as bad as the elves you can survive it if your magic is good enough. Being able to raid in dark season is a major advantage, you always catch your enemy unawares and can almost guarantee to outnumber them, plus it' ;s a good time for diplomatic missions as well.

If you want an easier time go with Prax, if you want to accept the bennifit for having to cope with the event I'd recommend the ice demons, the elves aren't too bad but don't choose the trolls or beastmen unless you want a tough time.