Re: Should HC get a reset in Swamp? Time to vote!

1. Forts and their rewards.
There needs to be a reward for forts, otherwise there is no PvP and no point having forts.  However the rewards for a clan able to hold 10 forts for 6 months or indeed a clan strong enough to hold 20 forts for a week, created imbalance.  Aprone has lessened the rewards for forts and made them harder to hold in the long run, with both reduced food on missions and accelarating fort drain rates.  It seems to make sense to let these changes show their effects, but if forts are still monopolised, other suggestions worth considering include: 1% or 2% rotting of food per day either in forts or both forts and characters, random fort disasters, perhaps one a week, or another major food rehaul in 6 months or so.  But of course, there's still the question of the imbalance of current levels.

There's a lot of negative comments about people who were able to hold forts, but the focus should be on the rewards, not the players, a lso the game has moved on and now nobody is contesting forts.  Forts are no longer a problem, perhaps the lack of PvP is now the issue.  I'm not hearing anyone who has called for a reset suggest they will be involved in PvP afterwards.  A reset is fine by me, but will it help our player base?

The problem we now have is very different.  We need to make the game interesting for new players and old players alike, part of this game development was to make forts an interesting and  different part of the game so that straight line mission till you drop had an alternative.  Suggestions of getting rid of forts is not adding to the interest or variety of the game.  Our demands on Aprone's time need to focus on expanding our player base, by adding such variety and interest, not taking out features that some of us enjoyed while active and might once again be enjoyed by others.

A food reset was needed, it helped make forts more int eresting and motivated most players.  The question now is whether a level reset is needed.  The answer is simple, yes if we want to make fort battles possible once again.  If of course, PvP is not wanted then other people's levels are of no consequence.  Some folks rightly want a fair crack at fort battles, however there's a lot of folks who would rather have their levels than a level start, fno easy answers folks.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Southpaw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Southpaw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Southpaw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Drew via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : revan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rocky Waters via Audiogames-reflector
[...]
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : fedai via Audiogames-reflector