Yes I understand, and believe in that principle, hence I own a Linn
CD12.
However, I find it hard to believe that SB2's internal DAC can ever be
as good as some of the best DAC/players out there without hiking up the
cost. I was just suggesting that for the 'audiophile model' of the SB2,
leave the DAC out.
yes, doing a bit perfect transport seems easy enough, but it's always
the 'last little bit' of imperfections that differentiates the great,
and the greatest.

ws

--
WSLam

WSLam
SB2 | Linn CD12 | Unidisk 1.1 | TacT RCS2.0s | Placette Audio Balanced
Passive Preamp | Mark Levinson No.33H | Revel Ultima Salon
'Photo of my Setup' (http://photos.lam.ws/thumbnails.php?album=62)