I still think Sean's solution (option 2 in bug 1601) is the best
solution.

When I hook my SB2 direct to my power amp, volume 1/40 is fairly loud.
Volume 2/40 is very loud. Volume 3/40 is too loud! And there's no way I
can make it quiet enough for background music.

The best solution would be to add a a per-player option to attenuate
the signal. That way, its up to the user whether they want to select
the option or not.

And since the DAC has an inbuilt attenuation capability (which can be
controlled by the firmware), I'm guessing this would be the obvious
place to perform the attenuation.....

So if you're having problems with the analog output being too loud,
make sure you vote for bug 1640!!

Chris

--
cbemoore