Great! In further reading of my amp manual it says (re the gain pots)
“Your amplifier sounds best with these level controls set to maximum…”
So – it looks like I can turn them all the way up and set attenuation
on the SB2 to match the “correct” level for my amp. Earlier in this
thread you stated: “However when you reduce the signal level, the noise
floor doesn't change so your SNR becomes effectively worse…” So – from a
“best sound” standpoint – would I be better off using the new built in
attenuation – or using an external attenuator?

--
usualsuspects