On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 12:19 -0700, bec143 wrote:
> I'll give it a shot, but need to find an ethernet cable that's close to
> 100ft long.  The cable modem and airport are upstairs, whereas
> everything else is is downstairs.  Point-to-point the distance between
> the SB2 and the airport is much closer.

See if you can borrow one from a techy friend.
If you are in the Wash DC area, I could lend you one.

> Is FLAC really going to require less bandwidth than AIFF or Apple
> lossless? I've neve tried Flac files, is ut easy to rip CDs this way on
> my Mac and get theminto iTunes?

Yes, since SB2 support native FLAC, the compressed data is sent
from the server to the SB2. Cuts the bandwidth requirements about
in half, which with WiFi may mean more than 50% improvement
due to collisions, etc.

I don't speak mac, can't address the iTunes part

Pat

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html