On Sep 11, 2005, at 12:19 PM, bec143 wrote:

I'll give it a shot, but need to find an ethernet cable that's close to
100ft long.  The cable modem and airport are upstairs, whereas
everything else is is downstairs.  Point-to-point the distance between
the SB2 and the airport is much closer.
Try moving the player temporarily and see if it works better via ethernet. Then you'll know if you should start messing with your wireless configuration.

Is FLAC really going to require less bandwidth than AIFF or Apple
lossless? I've neve tried Flac files, is ut easy to rip CDs this way on
my Mac and get theminto iTunes?
If it's a Squeezebox2, then it doesn't matter. SlimServer will automatically compress your AIFF files to FLAC for transmission. You get the benefit of FLAC's lower bandwidth, and since it's lossless you won't hear a difference.