A 55% signal strength is not what I'd call stellar.  I've found that
even small adjustments to some APs in terms of placement and
orientation can vastly affect signal strength and performance.  I even
placed mine in the bathroom in my office for a while so that my wife
could work across the house in the living room!  I found the change in
location and orientation brought her from a weak signal to a excellent,
full speed signal.

Replacing the crusty old 11mpbs B model AP with a newer G model
(Belkin's Pre-N MIMO) moved the AP out of the bathroom and put it back
where it belonged.

Anyway, try moving the AP around the room a bit and change the
orientation to see if that helps; also try the same your SB2.

--
MrC