teanau Wrote:
> im using a panasonic SA-XR70, but the SA-XR50 is almost as good and alot
> cheaper. its a very nice 100w per channel (6 channel) digital amp. so
> its nice and clean and efficent.
> i got mine from B&H for much less than listed.
>
> im running axiom speakers
> www.axiomaudio.com
> m22ti speakers are 440 dollars (very nice clean bookshelf speakers)
> but the m3ti is ment to be very good as well $300 or check their
> factory seconds shop for even further reduced options if you dont mind
> a scratch or something.
>
> i seriously doubt you could beat this combo without spending 1 - 2
> grand. or getting seriously busy with a soldering iron.
>
> very clean clear sound, and gives you options for growing into a full
> home theatre system just by adding speakers.
>
> thats my opinion anyway.
> _sam

I have axiom speakers also.  I have the M22 and the m2.  I'd imagine
the m3 would be great.

also this thing looks real interesting.  I may have to check it out.

If you just want a pure power amp, the Behringer a500 is well under
$200, leaving you 300 for speakers...

http://www.behringer.com/A500/index.cfm?lang=ENG

--
duff138