Heuer Wrote:
> Bear in mind the new PSU needs to be built to a high specification for
> correct smoothing and to ensure you only get a constant 5v out of it
> even if the mains goes up and down. Only one I have found that meets my
> needs so far is this one:
> http://www.lambda-gb.com/uk/range_overviews/range_id19.htm - the HSB 5
> 3.0. You could also go for the 6 amp version if you want overkill..

I used the exact same PSU in my rehoused SB2 to make a one-box player.
It worked a treat and I found the effect to be not subtle, but perhaps
I expected it to and got a bit of placebo effect :-) Don't think so
though, it sounds great.

Anyway, I found it gave a much "blacker" background and a more dynamic
and detailed sound. The SB was good before, but even better now. I used
thick cabling from mains supply cabling too and connected the sense
leads onto the main board since this is DC at a reasonable ampage we're
talking about.

--
CardinalFang