Zten Wrote:

> I've come across some folks claiming the switch mode power supply that
> comes with the SB is somehow substandard and I don't see anyone from
> Slim Devices refuting the claim. Everyone seems to agree that
> switchmode is inferior to linear. This is not necessarily the case. It
> can depend on what type of crap exists on the AC mains (waveform,
> frequency and amplitude), sometimes a switchmode supply can have BETTER
> performance than a linear supply.

I'd like to comment that I've been a little skeptical about the power
supply mod.

I think we all agree that the Slim Devices guys know what they're doing
and they have developed a high quality product which most of us would
pay double (if not more) to own if they priced it higher.  Anything
lower than $300 is the "sweet spot" for consumer electronics so they
probably move more units with their $249/299 pricing.

If a different/better power supply which costs maybe $20 delivers a
higher quality sound don't you think they would use that?  If not, why
not?

--
zooropa320