Pat...normalization is apparently not the same in this software.  I've
been assured there is no expansion or compression when it is used.  In
fact, my software has a separate dynamics filter specifically for
expansion and compression - which I've never felt the need to use.

That said, I do try to max out the peaks with input levels, so
normalizing is usually minimal.  In fact, I see more of need for it in
some commercial CDs than in my recordings.

>What about burning mix CDs for your car when you do road trips?

Funny you should ask.  When my car's CD changer crapped out last year,
I replaced it - but at the same time, I installed an 1/8" port for an
mp3 player.  Now I wish I had skipped the CD changer. ;)

eCo

--
eCo