Skunk Wrote:
>  If asynchronous transmission eliminates the catch 22 of having to
> seperate digital components for better isolation- while using less than
> ideal connections; an external DAC hanging off the SB seems rather
> Luddite in approach.

Rather luddite I must be then, as I still prefer the sound from my
external (non-os) dac compared to the SB's analog outputs.  It's just a
bit more articulate and less fatiguing.

While I see the possibility of potentially less jitter with the onboard
dac, I suggest to you that some folks may prefer the sound
charateristics of specific dac chip types, and more importantly they
may prefer the sound characteristics of their dac's analog section
(i.e. that section after the dac chip).

-Dan

--
dwc