Phil Leigh Wrote:
> On the contrary, I feel that the SB can exceed the capabilities of many
> exalted CDP's - or at least their transports. There are numerous good
> engineering reasons why this might theoretically be the case, but at
> the end of the day your ears (brain) have to decide.
> I know many will scoff at the SB beats Naim/dCS/Esoteric/(insert your
> fave transport here) hypothesis, but I've owned and been lucky enough
> to borrow many of the "top drawer" transports and I'm personally never
> going back...

Well when I'm talking about comparing the SB to CDP it's not as a
transport only.  I mean more like a stock of fully analog modified SB
versus a CDP (transport/DAC).  Like you I'm quite convinced that the SB
as a transport with or without mods is probably a great tool that can
match a lot of CDP as "transport" only if you have an external DAC.
It's when you use the SB as a whole that I'm not sure it can compete
with good CDP.

--
Loftprojection