fredrickj Wrote:
> I should point out that my testing (blind) of the stock SB3 compared to
> a CD transport thru a DAC, was testing the digital out only.  I didn't
> buy the SB3 for its DAC.  The ps upgrade may well make sense for the
> DAC but agian, it didn't test the DAC output.

One point here is that, according to something Sean Adams (SD CEO) said
a while back, the PS upgrade is more likely to affect the digital out
than the analogue.  That's because the DAC gets its power after several
steps of regulation, starting (IIRC) with 14V to power the display.  So
the wallwart is several steps removed from the  DAC power.

--
opaqueice