results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=24534
Question: What do you think about the new SD NAS device?

- Awesome! Where can I get one?
- Nice. I'll put that on my wish list.
- Not for me, but it sure is pretty.
- Lame idea. Have the SD folks lost their minds?

Jetlag Wrote:
> I've been running this exact setup for some time.  First with a ReadyNAS
> X6 and now with an NV (sold the X6 on eBay).  Works great and is highly
> reliable.  All of my CDs are ripped with EAC (secure) and compressed
> into FLAC, these are fed via both wireless (SB3) and gigabit ethernet
> (SB2) to my 2 SBs.  I don't know Linux, so DIY was not much of an
> option.
> Easy, reliable and plenty fast except for when re-indexing my music
> collection.  I set up SS to do this at 3am when I am never using the
> NAS for anything else.

I have a similar setup except an SB1. I was hoping to stream from the
NAS but my wireless SB1 chokes on FLACs (I think not enough buffer). I
wish now I had waited, I would have bought this package and upgraded my
SB. Anyway, it's very reliable and fast (as a RAID system). I would
recommend it.

--
rkeeney