Hi

Thank you both for your posts!

I Use EAC to rip my CD's into wav files, (I use the action / test and
copy selected tracks option in EAC). I then run through each track
correcting glitches) Im sure theres an automated way to do this :)

No dsp running in the background but some surfing of the internet, its
a pretty tedious task ripping disks.
When first using foobar I plugged my pc into the bel canto ...valve amp
etc.. it seemed more musical somehow.. its a difficult thing to quantify
without going into flowery language. listening was compelling compared
to being a chore.

I have reset my digital output to fixed volume! Thanks for that :) no
bitrate limiting.
My CD player was just a bog standard sony, Foobar trashed it showing
it up to be bloomy with a great loss of detail. I may be mistaken (not
very technically minded)but foobar does not use codecs but rather sends
the pure signal to the output drivers?

Should I invest in a better power supply?

Jack.

--
Lyonesse